IPAF Operator Training CourseSevenoaks / South East Region | Fri 24th Nov 2023 | Date Confirmed
Additional Courses Taking Place At SevenoaksWed 13th Dec | Tue 19th Dec | Thu 21st Dec | Fri 5th Jan |
Course Ready To Book
Good news, this IPAF Operator: 3a & 3b course which is due to take place in Sevenoaks on the 24th Nov has already achieved the minimum delegate numbers required in order for it to definitely take place and can therefore be Booked & Paid for Online.
This course also benefits from our lowest price guarantee. Confirmed bookings will receive instant confirmation, receipt of payment, a paid invoice and full joining instructions by return. Every course booked is protected by our Customer Service Charter. In order to book or to receive a quote for this training please start by completing the enquiry form.
This one day course instructs an operator how to prepare and safely operate Mobile Vertical lifts (Scissor Lifts) and Mobile Booms (Cherry Pickers).It is a mixture of theory and practice, with a written and a practical test. Course material is available in many languages and training centres receive regular updates. Successful trainees receive a PAL Card (Powered Access Licence), a safety guide, a log book and a certificate.Course fee Includes IPAF registration, smart PAL card and lunch....
Who Should Attend?
Designed for any person who wishes to operate either a scissor lift (category 3a) or a self propelled boom (3b) MEWP (powered access platform).
All trainees should arrive with safety boots, hi-vis vest, hard hat and a full body harness with adjustable lanyard (NB: IPAF approved harness kits are available for purchase at 25% discount with all bookings). Please also ensure all trainees arrive with suitable clothing for outdoors practical element.
1) Introduction 2) Pre-theory test 3) MEWP categories 4) Structural Parts 5) Regulations 6) Pre-use inspection/handover 7) Safe operating methods & hazards 8) Theory test 9) Practical training 10) Practical assessment.
This course starts at 8am and finishes by 4pm with lunch served at midday. Refreshment breaks are also scheduled throughout the day.
IPAF Operator Training incorporating eLearning during COVID-19 pandemic
Please note the following important information regarding eLearning operator courses:
1. The IPAF Operator course involves a theory element and a practical element. The theory learning and test is via an eLearning module and must be completed in advance of practical training & assessment.
2. IPAF’s eLearning for MEWP operators is available for all MEWP categories (1a, 1b, 3a, 3b) and takes around three hours to complete. The eLearning is broken down into manageable sections that delegates can complete at their own pace, and they can save and resume at any time.
3. We will require names and email addresses for each delegate so that we can send them the eLearning module. Please provide this information if you have not already done so.
4. The eLearning training course is available in English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish. English will be used as default but please indicate if one of the other languages is preferred.
5. Delegates will be sent an email to begin the eLearning training and should click the ‘SYSTEM CHECKER’ before commencing. Most devices are compatible, but it is recommended that delegates use a PC, laptop or tablet connected to Wi-Fi.
6. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR LAPTOP/PC DEVICE HAS A WEBCAM ENABLED AS THIS COURSE USES FACIAL RECOGNITION WHICH HAS BEEN INTRODUCED TO ALLOW AN ONLINE TEST WITHOUT ASSISTANCE FROM OTHERS (The course will stop if unrecognised faces come into shot.)
7. At the end of the eLearning module, the training delegate will complete a theory test.
8. Once delegates have passed the theory test, they will be sent confirmation of this via email which should be made available for the instructor to see on the day of the practical training.
Note: MEWP operator eLearning does not replace practical training. Trainees who complete the online training course must still successfully complete a minimum half-day of practical training and testing before qualifying for a PAL Card as proof of successful operator training. The PAL Card will then be posted to the invoice address provided within approximately four weeks, subject to receipt of full payment.
In addition, please note the following important information when visiting a Star Platforms Training Centre for practical training & assessment:
A. Please arrive at the time specified on your booking confirmation. Latecomers will not be admitted.
B. On arrival to site candidates should always maintain 2m distancing and follow any directions given by Star Platforms personnel. The training instructor will explain site rules, walking routes and any other site procedures to delegates.
C. PPE requirements:
i. Delegates should bring standard PPE (safety boots, hi-vis vest, hard hat) and for 3b ‘cherry-picker’ training will also need a harness with short adjustable lanyard.
If you do not have a harness with short adjustable lanyard, they are available to purchase at 25% discount so please let us know so we can add to your order, if you have not done so already.
ii. Delegates should also bring their own PPE to protect against COVID-19 (including gloves, eye protection and face mask). We would also suggest hand sanitiser although this will be provided along with any other PPE which we deem applicable. These should be sanitary, appropriate and in good condition. Candidates who refuse to wear additional PPE or follow the additional guidance including social distancing, will not be allowed to continue training. We are unable to share PPE due to risk of virus transmission.
F. Candidates should bring their own food and drink. Lunch will not be provided.
• A candidate showing symptoms of COVID-19 must not attend (COVID-19 Symptoms: Continuous cough, a fever, loss of taste/ smell OR self-isolating following Government advice.)
• A candidate experiencing symptoms within 14 days of the course must notify the IPAF Training Centre to enable contact with all personnel.. Tea & Coffee can be provided
Training venue location and streetview links can be found here.
Upon successful completion of the IPAF Operator IPAF Operator 3a & 3b training course, the candidate will be awarded the IPAF PAL Card Powered Access Licence. This internationally recognised certification is issued by the International Powered Access Federation IPAF and is valid for five years. ##$$##The PAL Card serves as proof that the holder has been trained to operate powered access equipment safely and effectively. It is recognised by regulatory bodies and employers across the globe, making it a valuable asset for anyone working in industries where powered access equipment is used. ##$$##With the IPAF PAL Card, candidates can demonstrate their competence and knowledge in operating powered access equipment, giving them a competitive edge in the job market. It also ensures that they are up to date with the latest safety standards and regulations, promoting a safe working environment for themselves and others. ##$$##.
This course includes both a theory test and practical assessment. There is the possibility of failing either the practical assessment or theory test. However, this rarely happens as our IPAF accredited training staff are experts in delivering the course content in a clear and easy to understand way,
Enrol on our IPAF Operator training course today and join the thousands of satisfied clients who have experienced the XYZ Training Group difference. Our course is delivered by expert trainers at over 50 centres across the UK, making it easily accessible for individuals or groups. With our extensive network, we are one of the largest dedicated training groups in the country, ensuring that our clients receive top-quality training.##$$##Our IPAF Operator course is essential for anyone working at heights, equipping candidates with the necessary knowledge and skills to operate aerial work platforms safely. With a full day of training, including both theory and practical components, our course ensures that delegates are fully prepared to pass the multiple-choice closed exam and become certified operators.##$$##At XYZ Training Group, we understand the importance of providing the best training at the most competitive prices. Thats why we offer our unique Lowest Price Guarantee for our IPAF Operator course. Our clients can have peace of mind knowing that they are receiving top-quality training at the best possible price. Dont settle for anything less, choose XYZ Training Group for all your IPAF training needs.##$$##Dont risk the safety of yourself or your team by not having the proper training. Enrol on our IPAF Operator course and become a certified operator with the knowledge and skills to work at heights safely and confidently. With our extensive network of training centres and our Lowest Price Guarantee, theres no better choice for IPAF training than XYZ Training Group. Contact us now to book your spot on our next course and experience the difference for yourself. IPAF Operator training is a registered Trademark of IPAF
If you have an enquiry or a need to train 4 or more persons, then why not ask us to deliver you a private IPAF Operator: 3a & 3b course either on your premises or at one of our nearby training centres on any date that's convenient to you?
The price per person is always comparible if not better than joining one of our open course events and you will benefit from the added convenience of not only selecting the date and venue, but we'll also tailor certain elements of the training to your specific application..
In addition to that, if your delegate numbers are low and you don't have an urgent need to have the training in the next few weeks, then talk to us about setting up an open event near to you on a date of your choosing. The course will definitely go ahead as scheduled and you won't need to travel. Minimum 2 delegates.
Whatever your general requirement, make an enquiry here.
Real Customer Reviews
The delivery on the IPAF Operator 3a & 3b course held at the Fareham training centre was of high quality. Trainer knew her subject matter very well. . Having Claudia Mustata on hand was really helpful.
Training session which took place at the Southampton venue recently was delivered expertly.
Training event that took place in Fareham recently was genuinely enjoyable.
Xyz Course held at the Bracknell training centre was i salute you. Kept informed nicely by Emilie Horsboel.
Training event was brimming with decent content. Kept me focussed throughout..
Xyz Class which took place at the Queenborough venue recently was challenging and enriching.
The delivery on the session was a truly engaging experience. Excellent tutor. . Dealing with Client Support was a pleasure.