IPAF Operator Training CourseSevenoaks / South East Region | Sun 26th Sep 2021
Why Book With Us?
All Working At Height Training courses offered benefit from our unique Lowest Price Guarantee. Bookings are protected by our Service Charter which provides security and peace of mind in the unlikely event that the training doesn't meet your expectations.In order to receive a quote for this IPAF Operator training course please start by completing our enquiry form. A personalised quote and ways in which to book will then be supplied.
To avoid disappointment, we'll confirm that the course is going ahead as scheduled and that there is still space remaining for your required number of delegates before accepting your booking. We aim to respond to all enquiries the same day.
This one day course instructs an operator how to prepare and safely operate Mobile Vertical lifts (Scissor Lifts) and Mobile Booms (Cherry Pickers).It is a mixture of theory and practice, with a written and a practical test. Course material is available in many languages and training centres receive regular updates. Successful trainees receive a PAL Card (Powered Access Licence), a safety guide, a log book and a certificate.Course fee Includes IPAF registration, smart PAL card and lunch....
Who Should Attend?
Designed for any person who wishes to operate either a scissor lift (category 3a) or a self propelled boom (3b) MEWP (powered access platform).
All trainees should arrive with safety boots, hi-vis vest, hard hat and a full body harness with adjustable lanyard (NB: IPAF approved harness kits are available for purchase at 25% discount with all bookings). Please also ensure all trainees arrive with suitable clothing for outdoors practical element.
1) Introduction 2) Pre-theory test 3) MEWP categories 4) Structural Parts 5) Regulations 6) Pre-use inspection/handover 7) Safe operating methods & hazards 8) Theory test 9) Practical training 10) Practical assessment.
This course starts at 8am and finishes by 4pm with lunch served at midday. Refreshment breaks are also scheduled throughout the day.
IPAF Operator Training incorporating eLearning during COVID-19 pandemic
Please note the following important information regarding eLearning operator courses:
1. The IPAF Operator course involves a theory element and a practical element. The theory learning and test is via an eLearning module and must be completed in advance of practical training & assessment.
2. IPAF’s eLearning for MEWP operators is available for all MEWP categories (1a, 1b, 3a, 3b) and takes around three hours to complete. The eLearning is broken down into manageable sections that delegates can complete at their own pace, and they can save and resume at any time.
3. We will require names and email addresses for each delegate so that we can send them the eLearning module. Please provide this information if you have not already done so.
4. The eLearning training course is available in English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish. English will be used as default but please indicate if one of the other languages is preferred.
5. Delegates will be sent an email to begin the eLearning training and should click the ‘SYSTEM CHECKER’ before commencing. Most devices are compatible, but it is recommended that delegates use a PC, laptop or tablet connected to Wi-Fi.
6. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR LAPTOP/PC DEVICE HAS A WEBCAM ENABLED AS THIS COURSE USES FACIAL RECOGNITION WHICH HAS BEEN INTRODUCED TO ALLOW AN ONLINE TEST WITHOUT ASSISTANCE FROM OTHERS (The course will stop if unrecognised faces come into shot.)
7. At the end of the eLearning module, the training delegate will complete a theory test.
8. Once delegates have passed the theory test, they will be sent confirmation of this via email which should be made available for the instructor to see on the day of the practical training.
Note: MEWP operator eLearning does not replace practical training. Trainees who complete the online training course must still successfully complete a minimum half-day of practical training and testing before qualifying for a PAL Card as proof of successful operator training. The PAL Card will then be posted to the invoice address provided within approximately four weeks, subject to receipt of full payment.
In addition, please note the following important information when visiting a Star Platforms Training Centre for practical training & assessment:
A. Please arrive at the time specified on your booking confirmation. Latecomers will not be admitted.
B. On arrival to site candidates should always maintain 2m distancing and follow any directions given by Star Platforms personnel. The training instructor will explain site rules, walking routes and any other site procedures to delegates.
C. PPE requirements:
i. Delegates should bring standard PPE (safety boots, hi-vis vest, hard hat) and for 3b ‘cherry-picker’ training will also need a harness with short adjustable lanyard.
If you do not have a harness with short adjustable lanyard, they are available to purchase at 25% discount so please let us know so we can add to your order, if you have not done so already.
ii. Delegates should also bring their own PPE to protect against COVID-19 (including gloves, eye protection and face mask). We would also suggest hand sanitiser although this will be provided along with any other PPE which we deem applicable. These should be sanitary, appropriate and in good condition. Candidates who refuse to wear additional PPE or follow the additional guidance including social distancing, will not be allowed to continue training. We are unable to share PPE due to risk of virus transmission.
F. Candidates should bring their own food and drink. Lunch will not be provided.
• A candidate showing symptoms of COVID-19 must not attend (COVID-19 Symptoms: Continuous cough, a fever, loss of taste/ smell OR self-isolating following Government advice.)
• A candidate experiencing symptoms within 14 days of the course must notify the IPAF Training Centre to enable contact with all personnel.. Lunch is provided for all full day courses as well as refreshments throughout the day.
Training venue location and streetview links can be found here.
5 year accreditation by IPAF for successful delegates. Persons passing the course will receive a 5 year PAL (powered Access License) and certificate. Course involves both theoretical and practical examinations and a strong use of English is essential..
This course includes both a theory test and practical assessment. There is the possibility of failing either the practical assessment or theory test. However, this rarely happens as our IPAF accredited training staff are experts in delivering the course content in a clear and easy to understand way,
The Course is delivered over a whole day, theory in the morning, practical in the afternoon. The course has a multiple choice closed exam as part of the theory which delegates must pass in order to progress to the practical element of the training.
XYZ Training Group has the largest selection of IPAF training courses across the UK. All of our IPAF accredited training partners deliver this course, offering all clients a unique Lowest Price Guarantee. IPAF Operator training is a registered Trademark of IPAF.
If you have an enquiry or a need to train 4 or more persons, then why not ask us to deliver you a private IPAF Operator: 3a & 3b course either on your premises or at one of our nearby training centres on any date that's convenient to you?
The price per person is always comparible if not better than joining one of our open course events and you will benefit from the added convenience of not only selecting the date and venue, but we'll also tailor certain elements of the training to your specific application..
In addition to that, if your delegate numbers are low and you don't have an urgent need to have the training in the next few weeks, then talk to us about setting up an open event near to you on a date of your choosing. The course will definitely go ahead as scheduled and you won't need to travel. Minimum 2 delegates.
Whatever your general requirement, make an enquiry here.
Real Customer Reviews
Trainer perfect. Cheers Louise Gould....!
Simply put the training course was useful and practical.
Terrific lunch, worth the fee alone.. Jasmin is excellent....!
Very well organised...
Full of useful and useable content...
Sevenoaks venue not very well sign posted
From start to finish the training course was easy to grasp.
I personally found the class / course held at our premises recently was one of the most useful courses attended.. Special! . Kept informed nicely by Emilie.
IPAF Operator Training conducted on our site was brill. Everyone on the course loved it. . Louise thanks..!